What is a cookie and what information does it store?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. Cookies have been used since the first web browsers appeared 20 years ago. A cookie is not a virus, Trojan, worm, spam, spyware or a pop-up window.
The data stored in cookies is of a technical nature and include personal preferences, personalisation of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. Cookies do not store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc.
They are useful because they allow a website to remember your visit when you return to the page later. The aim of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs. Without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced.
The web server is not associated to you as a person but to your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse a website with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the website does not recognise you as the same person because it links to the browser and not you as a person.
What kind of cookies do we use?
At skandiaahumados.es we use our own and third party cookies. Own or proprietary cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
This website uses the following proprietary cookies:
- Technical cookies: These are the most elementary and i.a. make it possible to know when an anonymous or a registered user is surfing, language preferences, as well as basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analytical cookies: These collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, posts viewed, time zone, language, etc.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Social networks: each social network uses its own cookies to enable you to click on buttons such as Like or Share.
Can cookies be deleted or disabled?
Yes. Not only can cookies be deleted, they can also be blocked in general or specifically for a given domain.
To delete cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and search for the cookies linked to the domain in question and then delete them.
You may exercise your right to deactivate or delete cookies from this website at any time. The steps to delete cookies may vary from one browser to another.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Here are some examples to help you understand the extent to which you can disable cookies:
- It will not be possible to customise your geographic preferences such as time zone, or language.
- The site skandiaahumados.es will not be able to carry out web analysis on visitors and traffic to the web, which will make it difficult for the website to optimise its content to offer Users the information of greatest interest to them.
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing the cookies and that is where you can exercise your right to delete or deactivate cookies. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision not to accept other cookies.
Cookie settings in the most widely-used browsers
Follow these steps to access cookie settings in Firefox (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences, depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- Under History choose Use a custom history setting.
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate as you wish.
These are the steps to access specific cookies on the Chrome browser. Note: these steps may vary depending on your browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking on the customisation icon at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click on the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All Cookies and Website Data.
- A list of all cookies will be displayed, sorted by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies for a given domain, enter part or all of the address in the Search for Cookies field.
- After filtering, one or more lines with the cookies from the requested website will appear on the screen. Now select the cookie you want and press X to remove it.
These are the steps to access cookie settings in Internet Explorer (these steps may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider until the desired privacy level is set.
These are the steps to access cookie settings in Safari or OSX (these steps may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Preferences then Privacy.
- Here you will see the Block Cookies option to set your blocking preferences.
These are the steps to access cookie settings in Safari for iOS (these steps may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block Cookies to set your blocking preferences.
These are the steps to access cookie settings on Android devices (these steps may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you’ll see the Accept cookies option, allowing your to select or deselect the check box.
These are the steps to access cookie settings on Windows Phone devices (these steps may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Then More.
- The Settings.